Monday 10 May 2010


I decided I liked one of the layouts in the last lot of cards I uploaded, so I thought I'd do a couple more variations of it. I tried to emboss the first 'Happy Birthday' but it didn't work and I got completely messy, with glittery embossing powder all over the place. I love the effect of embossing but how do people do it without getting in a mess?! I mostly struggle to get all the remaining powder off the card before embossing it, so in the end it just looks messy. And then I went and dropped my Versamark pad in the embossing powder, so I don't think I can use it again arghhh! That'll teach me to try something different! Anyway I ended up just stamping it in the end...




1 comment:

Kate's Makes said...

I still can't do it either Mol!!! I've given up with embossing, i just burn the card or it doesn't raise at all :-/

Love the new cards, the layout is lovely - i wanted to ask where that ship image came from as great for male cards x