Saturday 14 June 2008

My first sketch

Well I'm new to this blog world, and have only recently discovered 'sketches'. I think they're a great idea and was eager to try one out. This is my first ever sketch so bare with me, but I really enjoyed doing it. I've gone for the pink, pretty, cute look on this card. Mom saw it and said she wasn't that keen, as she doesn't like cute images and cartoony things. It's got me a bit worried as she's the one who usually buys all my cards, and I've bought tons of cute stamps! Just wondered what other peoples views were...I think they're really cute, but maybe they're not for everyone. I hope the majority like them, I wouldn't want to be sending cute cards to people when they don't like them hmm! Anyway here is my Friday Sketchers sketch...





I used a compass to do the circles and cut them out by hand. I can't wait to get my circle nestabilities, that a certain someone is buying me for my birthday ;-) I also used my lovely new Cupcake papers. Hope you like, looking forward to doing more!

14 comments:

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

beautiful card!! Love your colorcombination. By using the blue part of paper it is not to busy. I like the image and how you coloured it. I am almost 44 and almost all of my girlfriends still like to get those kind of cards.... Ofcourse it is personal if you like them. Sometimes they need to get use to them!! Great that you have made your first sketch card, with the first sketch I ever draw.. Thanks for joining in FS! Love from Holland

Bev said...

Wow!! What a fabulous card - love it!!!

Unknown said...

wow what a lovely and so cute card in such soft colours ... the image is wonderful coloured and fabulous combined with the patterned papers.
hugs, bea

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a lovely card! You are never too old for cute cards!!! Thanks for joining in FS.

Carole ;D

Kathy said...

Adorable image and lovely papers!! Nice job with the sketch!

cats whiskers said...

Lovely card, that is one of my favourite Whippersnapper images
Jacqui x

Cass said...

Really pretty card and such a cute image.

Cass xxx

Els G. said...

Very cute card! Love the colours.
Els

Just call me G said...

Awwwwwwwwwww I so have to get some of those stamps, they are soooo cute... and the card is lovely.

Looks like you have well got the hang of prisma;s now!! I'm still practicing..

Just wanted to say, that my friend has ME and its good to see that on your good days you are able to be creative... I think I might give her a call and see if when shes next feeling okish, if she wants me to go round and pick her up and come play with my craft stash... it might help her.. :D

Gxxx

stephscrap87 said...

waouh,your card is so cute!!! really wonderful,I love the stamp

Vali said...

Fantastic card !!! I love the colors and this stamp ! Very great work !!
http://lemondedevali.canalblog.com

Rach said...

Hi,
I love the look of your card...beautiful papers, and image.
I think that it boils down to personal taste with cute verses traditional...I always tend to lean toward the cute! but that's just me!
Keep up the fab work. Hugs RAch.x

Murielle said...

This is very lovely card!
Beautiful colors!!

Julie said...

Hi what a great blog you have!..I really like what you have done with the sketch and i love the cute image you have used. x