Thursday 5 June 2008

Prismacolors

Well I said I'd do a seperate entry about my prismacolors...here it is! I went the whole hog and bought the 120 Premier tin from somebody in America off ebay. They arrived within about a week...



As you can see, I am working my way through sharpening them all. I have tried various sharpeners, and have found a cosmetic one to be the best. Some people may prefer the pencils really sharp but I find that they're more useful with a rounded ball on the top, as I'm only going to be blending with them anyway, and the last thing I want is pencil lines on the card. I found this nice yellow tub to put them in. I was torn whether to keep them in the beautiful tin but I thought they'd be more assessible like this.



I have only made one card with them so far, though I have been playing with them. I'm not very sure about this card. I thought it was turning out ok but I'm not that happy with the end result. I showed it to mom, she said it was nice but was 'too busy'.


I'm happy with the effect of the prismacolors, though this was the first attempt using them. I think I made the mistake of overblending them, it still looks ok but need to practise and this doesn't show them in their full glory. I'm very happy with my purchase though and look forward to using them a lot more :-)

5 comments:

Kerryn said...

u lucky lucky moo!! bet they are lush. another friend of mine is finding them hard to work at first but u should get used to them.
I love ur card! I don't think it's too busy at all. The paper is lovely and the embellishments work well with it.
i adore that stamp!! where did u get it from? so cute!

Kerryn said...

mols, just wanted to reply to ur question. doodlebug rub ons are fantastic. never have a problem with them which is why i use them so much. the cheapy ones are normally temperamental, but these are great. letraset ones are brilliant too!

Kate's Makes said...

Oh Mol i love the card and the effect with the pencils! Lovely colours too and i agree, i love that stamp! xx

Lainy's Little Blog said...

I think you have made a lovely job of it. Prismas make such a difference with colouring, I love mines. Not that I have used them much lately. lol Love the image you have used. Is it a high hopes image?

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Lovely cards and great colours.x